Re: (special) autoreply problem

2004-11-19 14:59:02
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Thoralf Will wrote:

TW> > I put my auto-replies in the sendmail queue and the queue is sent every
TW> > half hour by sendmail.  Not quite what you want but maybe good enough?
TW>
TW> Not exactly but it would be ok if no better solution is available.

The Sendmail line is my autoresponder is

| $SENDMAIL -odd -oi -f "${MARP_REPLY_FROM}"  -t

the -odd is the relevent bit.

Looking at the sendmail documentation, there is a MinQueueAge option that
looks like it could suppress sending the email until it is 30 minutes
old.

TW> > To prevent multiple auto-replies to the same address, the autoresponder
TW> > adds addresses to a list and doesn't respond to addresses in the list. I
TW> > run a cron job to wipe out this list at an interval of choice.
TW>
TW> How does your autoresponder work? Can you give me a sample? The problem is
TW> that I can't wipe the whole list at the same time. That means I would have
TW> to log a timestamp along with the address which makes it even more complex.
TW> I was rather looking for an already existing solution in favour to writing
TW> my own (probably even buggier) scripts to take care of this.

This bit saves the address to the grey list when the autoresponder
responds:
# save from address into greylist if not already there
    :0 Wic : ${MARP_GREYLIST}.lock
    *  ! ? echo "${MARP_FROM}" | grep -F -isx -f "${MARP_GREYLIST}"
    | echo "${MARP_FROM}" >> "${MARP_GREYLIST}"

This is the line that checks it;

* ! ? echo "${MARP_FROM}" | grep -F -isx -f "${MARP_GREYLIST}"

Dallman's suggestion of using files might be more suitable for you though.

The whole code of my autoresponder is available at
http://www.mundungus.org/software.html#marp

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )