Re: Thanks - How to subvert global procmailrc

2004-11-19 01:48:15
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 06:00:44PM -0500, Tuc wrote:

 Just wanted to thank David W. Tamkin and the others in the group that
contributed to my Cyrus/SA/procmail plea.

 We ended up implementing it today, and it seems to be working
perfectly. Our global rc is :

LOGFILE=/logs/procmail.log.global
DROPPRIVS=yes

:0
* ! ? test -f /usr/local/etc/procmailrcs/$LOGNAME
| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/procmail-cyrus-delivery.sh $LOGNAME

SWITCHRC=/usr/local/etc/procmailrcs/$LOGNAME

      and for the users we want to scan, we put in another RC.

Okay.  I think if you reverse the logic you won't need the test
condition.

  SWITCHRC=/usr/local/etc/procmailrcs/$LOGNAME

  | /usr/local/cyrus/bin/procmail-cyrus-delivery.sh $LOGNAME

If $LOGNAME didn't have an rcfile, you'll still be in your
/etc/procmailrc and the cyrus-delivery thing will run.  Otoh,
if $LOGNAME did haev an rcfile, it will get run.

--
dman