Re: (hbedv) antivir and procmailrc

2004-11-23 15:11:28
* Rainer Bendig aka Ny <lists(_at_)unresolvedissue(_dot_)org> [2004-11-23
02:01+0100]
Hi,

i am using a fetchmail/procmail combination on my client, no MTA
installed and no chance to get a virus scanner installed on the
external servers. So i need to get my hb-edv antivir to my
.procmailrc. Actual my setup looks like

<pollbox> -> fetchmail -> procmail -> whitelist/killfile -> mboxformat

While googling around i have only found clamav-procmail howtos but no
one with antivir.

It should scan files with exe,com,pif,scr and several other extensions
with a size larger than x bytes. Infected mail should go to a special
mailbox. Is there any -good- chance to get antivir working with
procmail but without SpamAssassin or a MTA?

thanks in advice
rainer

How about clamAV?

Here is a like to get it to work with procmail.

http://drivel.com/clamassassin/

--
 Lennart Andersen
 St Thomas, Ontario