How to filter aldready delivered email

2004-12-08 05:21:06
Hello!

I want to filter emails that have already been delivered. The emails are stored in a Maildir-structure. The reason is that I have updated my mail filter file with new rules and want to apply those on all emails in the incoming folder (~/Maildir/cur/).

1. Is it possible to use procmail to do this? I would like to keep the same name and timestamp on the email filename if possible!

With maildrop (http://www.courier-mta.org/maildrop/) I can do "cat themail | maildrop -d theuser" but then also the email filename will be changed and the timestamp updated. So hopefully I can solve this with procmail instead!

2. Is it possible to convert the maildrop filter rules (~/.mailfilter) to procmail filter rules? The rules in maildrop are very simple, like:
        if ((/^Sender: *thelist-list-bounces\(_at_)list\(_dot_)com/))
        {
           to "./Maildir/.thelist/."
        }

Thanks for any help!