Re: dedicated folders to incoming mails

2004-12-09 11:42:36
On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 16:32 +0100, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Toen wij Vincent Blondel kietelden, kwam er dit uit:

 SHELL=/bin/sh
 LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmaillog
 VERBOSE=yes
 MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir

I would add some quotes:

  SHELL   = /bin/sh
  LOGFILE = "$HOME/.procmaillog"
  VERBOSE = yes
  MAILDIR = "$HOME/Maildir"

Normally $HOME has no embedded spaces, but also
often that is something that can be changed by
someone else.

 DEFAULT = $MAILDIR

ITYM:

  DEFAULT = "$MAILDIR/"

but OTH maybe you don't.

 :0:
 * ^TOmysql
 mysql

But the problem is I don't receive any mail in these folders. Could
somebody help me please ...

Check the ^TO expansion in man procmailrc:

       (^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope
       |Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^a-zA-Z])?)

and look up in $LOGFILE whether that regex caught anything.

Alternative:

  :0:
  * ^List.*mysql
  mysql

This is my .procmailrc

SHELL   = /bin/sh
PATH    = /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
LOGFILE = "$HOME/.procmail.log"
VERBOSE = yes
MAILDIR = $HOME/Maildir
DEFAULT = "$MAILDIR/"
LOCKFILE = $HOME/.procmail.lock

:0:
* ^TOmysql
.Ml.mysql

and this is my directory structure (Maildir) under my homedir.

Maildir/.Ml.mysql/
Maildir/.Ml.mysql/tmp
Maildir/.Ml.mysql/new
Maildir/.Ml.mysql/cur
Maildir/.Ml.mysql/courierimapkeywords

and this is what happens

Maildir/.Ml.mysql/msg.Z-BS

So the file has an incorrect filename structure and is not stored in the
correct directory 'Maildir/.Ml.mysql/cur'.

Furthermore, I had such a system earlier with my mail client evolution
but this one forwarded the message based on a special flag 'List-Post'.
Is that possible to use it ???

Has somebody an idea ???

Vincent