Re: Adding text to the email body fails with attachements

2004-12-16 14:09:41

On Dec 16, 2004, at 11:02 AM, Mark Pickell wrote:

I have need to recieve emails to a particular address and add some text to the email body and forward this email to another address. Adding text to the body works out fine but when the incoming email includes an attachment the added text doesn't appear. This is a problem as all the emails are supposed to
include various attachments.

I'll wager that if you view the raw message before it gets to your email client, you'll see that the text is there. This is most likely a multi-part mime issue. We have an old script that interjects some info from a database lookup into incoming mail. The script was written back in the "old" days when mail was actually a text medium. The inserted text doesn't "show up" in today's MS-borked email because it gets inserted outside the part boundaries.