Re: Getting partial matches from a string without forking an outside process

2005-01-09 07:08:30
Toen wij Robert Allerstorfer kietelden, kwam er dit uit:

However, I cannot see the split-technique I am using in my
'av_split.inc' in your snr_fast.

Well, let's just agree on that there is a lot of splitting
going on in bq/b64/qpr/snr/etc. that defeated Jari's remark
ages ago.

You have replaced rep.inc with your av_cat.inc inside av_snr.inc,
which is OK since they basically do the same (repeat a string a
number of times).

Yes because I had my own routine to concatenate a string multiple
times ('av_cat.inc') in use since 2004-03-20 (SoftlabsAV 0.6), at a
time your rep.inc did not exist.

Hehe, beat you by a day: there is a rep.inc in 101_snr.zip, of
2004-03-19. But it is much older than that, the zip is a compi-
lation for that version of snr.

[xlt]
I already had your snr_fast integrated in
my package, and xlt was not available when I needed that
functionality. It still seems experimental to me (at least it is not
documented well), so I keep using the "old and stable" version for
now.

OK. It is good for 'normal' use, where you don't have embedded
newlines in a string. You can use arr.inc to split multiline-vars.

--
Grtz, Ruud (male)