converting tiff attachments

2005-01-09 15:10:27
Hi all,

We have a fax system that gives us a number and converts the fax to a tiff
attachment and mails it to us.  A bit like what Hylafax can do, although I'm
not sure what our provider uses.   Problem is I haven't found a good tiff
viewer for linux yet.  Xv can do it, but sometimes the pages come out
impossibly small, and it doesn't scale so well.  All the other image viewers
see only the first page.

Then I found tiff2pdf works great, and resizes the pages to the correct sizes.
I would like to make a procmail recipe that converts any tiff attachment
(possibly from a certain domain) to a pdf so that the recipient receives only
the mail with a .pdf attachment.  How do I do this?

I'm not sure how to do the conditions, and testing the conversion from command
line leads me to believe tiff2pdf doesn't understand sdtin.  This is what I
have so far

:0
*
| reformime -X -s 1.2 | tiff2pdf -o attachment.pdf -p A4 -f -

Any help appreciated.
Thank you
--
Kind regards