set variable as part of action?

2005-01-24 14:04:34
Right now I'm doing a lot of recipient-based filtering. Basically, by the time messages hit procmail, it's gone through pre-filtering to get the mailbox I want the message in in $1 (in a+b format, which I fix up).

I then do something basically like this:
*** BEGIN
EXT=$1
DEST=`echo $EXT | sed s/+/./g`

:0
* ^Mailing-List: list example(_at_)yahoogroups(_dot_)com
*! DEST ?? ^^example^^
!magic_addr+example

:0f
| formail -i "Orig-Folder: .$DEST/"

:0f
|spamc

:0

:0
* DEST ?? ^^^^
$DEFAULT

:0
.$DEST/
*** END

What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a sane way to do non-recipient filtering (as in the y! groups example above... I belong to more Y! groups than Y! allows alternate email addresses) and simply change DEST instead of having to bounce through the address:

:0
* (match list)
DEST=example

Is that possible?

I guess alternatively I can put the formail -i rule above the example rules, and do
:0f
* (match list)
| formail -I "Orig-Folder: .example/"

and after spam filtering do