Re: multiple incoming email addresses: recipe with ${DEFAULT} ?

2005-02-14 05:07:59
On 14 Feb 2005 Jens Porup (jens(_at_)porup(_dot_)com) wrote:
My default email is address is, say, me(_at_)foobar(_dot_)com(_dot_)

I set up mail forwarding on a different email address, so that mail to
me(_at_)example(_dot_)com is delivered to me(_at_)foobar(_dot_)com(_dot_)

As such, mail currently sent to me(_at_)example(_dot_)com is being sorted into
my default
In.likelyspan folder, rather than sorted into my main incoming folder.

You need to see if there is any header that records the me(_at_)example(_dot_)com address and then filter based on that. Do you have any control over the filtering and forwarding that happens to your me(_at_)example(_dot_)com address? If so, you could inject a header at that point.

This section of my Procmail Quick Start might be useful:

 Important Warning: Procmail Cannot Reliably Route Users' Messages in a
Virtual-Domain Dropbox
 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#virtualDomain>

It discusses these headers:

 Delivered-To
 X-Delivered-To
 Envelope-To
 X-Envelope-To
 X-Original-To
 X-Apparently-To
 X-Rcpt-To
 X-Real-To

Maybe me(_at_)example(_dot_)com appears in one of these and you can filter on that.

Hope this helps,
Nancy

--
Infinite Ink: <http://www.ii.com/>