Re: Procmail is over-matching my expression

2005-03-05 18:28:53
I believe The Procmail Companion is the only procmail book available
because it cannot easily be improved on -- at least as an intro book.

My ego greatly appreciates the sentiment, but I strongly disagree.  I do
not doubt that TPC could be greatly surpassed.  And if Sean or Dallman
or Ruud (or Nancy even though she's already said no) or any of the
people who could do a better job than me would be helped by a reference
or a technical reviewer or someone to write some cover blurb then I
would jump at the chance to help.  I wrote TPC because there hadn't been
any books to help me when I was trying to learn.  I hate that there
still only seems to be one.

O'Reilly had someone working on a procmail book at the time TPC came
out, but that fell through.  Maybe someone could interest them again.

Martin McCarthy                 /</    http://procmail.non-prophet.org
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\
     Addison Wesley             /</