Re: err msg in log file from pipe cmd, to notify sender of rejected msg

2005-03-25 12:19:55
Formatting your message to be similar to a mailer-daemon bounce and sending it from mailer-daemon would reduce the likelyhood that some tosser mail system will REPLY to it with an automated notice... Your custom address doesn't carry that benefit.
re: reason for using 'rejection_notice'
Have you considered using the SUBJECT line to convey this?

  Actually... no.. that hadn't even occurred to me. )=  The reasons
you have  given make sense, and have caused me to reconsider my
position. Thanks for the information. (=

from the cf/README file in the sendmail source distro:
confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE    MaxMessageSize  [infinite] The maximum size of
                                         messages that will be accepted (in
                                         bytes).

  Thanks for the info!  I'd so much rather sendmail handle this.

  And, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to answer all
my questions.  (=

brad/duck