Re: locking of INCLUDERC ?

2005-03-29 15:49:14
Michelle Konzack schreef:

in 'mutt' I have a macro which add/remove dynamicly filters
"~/.procmail/FLT_mutt" to procmail for, e.g., copying incoming
Mailthreads to a second folder or something like this.

Now I have the problem, that if I update the filter from 'mutt'
and 'fetchmail' is fetching the same time while forwarding to
'procmail', that I need to lock the INCLUDERC.

Do you really need to have these things intertwined?

Does all mail have to go through the procmail-code
of FLT_mutt? If not, add a 'X-FLT_mutt: Yes'
header in mutt, and only INCLUDERC it for mail with
that header. 'X-FLT_mutt: <code>' is a sharper way,
the <code> could be today's date, or some special
number.

--
Grtz, Ruud