rename carbon copy

2005-03-29 17:04:59
I'm trying to create an archive of all the messages i receive, which
is simple enough.  However, the naming convention leaves a bit to be
desired.

# backup all messages
:0c:
backup

the above will store files in the backup directory, with file names like:
msg.0KB  msg.8HB  msg.EVB

I wonder if there is any way I can have procmail store the files with
filenames that are a bit more descriptive, like having the date of
when the message was reveived, and perhaps the sender too.

I hope this is the right place to ask, forgive me if this sounds too
trivial, but i haven't been able to discover how this is accomplished.