Re: replacing missing "From " lines with Formail not working

2005-04-01 14:41:48
On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 03:17:08PM -0600, Mr Duck wrote:

Here at our office, we get emails from older version of Lotus Notes,
which are missing the "From " (not the "From:") header line.  Our MUA
does not like this at all, so I wrote this handy procmail recipe, using
formail, to fix the header. However, it's not working.  I mean, it
SHOULD be working, and AFAIK, I am doing exactly what examples have
shown me to do. However, emails are still being delivered to the MUA w/o
this line.  I've tried several variations of the recipe.
I would greatly appreciate it!

-S-T-A-R-T-----------------------

:0 fhw
| formail -I "From " -a "From "

First off, all you need do to generate a From_ is invoke
formail (no flags needed).

How about this:

   :0 fw h
   * ! ^^From ()