Rewriting precedence headers

2005-04-06 11:33:12
I have a problem that I am hoping procmail can solve. We have a listserver
running multiple list types, some of those lists are distribution
newsletters that go out once a day. We also have distribution lists that are
being used for weather and other notifications that may require a fast
delivery (even after explaining that bulk/list precedence may not get there
in a timely fashion).

The list software we are using (commercial software) sets Precedence=List
and hands the messages off to the center exchange gateways. Exchange though
treats Precedence=List as bad as Precedence=Bulk in respect to delivery
(which in a manner I can understand). The list software does not have a
mechanism for changing the Precedence= header for a given list though. Being
able to configure which list is Precedence=Bulk and Precedence=first-class
is necessary so that only the time sensitive distributions go out as
non-bulk/list email.

Is there a procmail rule or example that shows me how to accomplish the
header rewrite for message Precedence only for certain lists?

Thanks,

Greg