Re: case insensitive $MATCH

2005-04-10 15:25:27
* David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)panix(_dot_)com> :
Troy Piggins wrote:
Hi.  I use the following (modified) recipe to filter list mail:

:0:
* ^TO_\/(announce|general)@lists\.example\.com
* MATCH ?? ()\/[^(_at_)]+
lists-$MATCH

To date it has been working fine.  This morning someone sent a mail
to General(_at_)lists(_dot_)example(_dot_)com (capital G), so a new mbox was
created
lists-General right alongside the already created lists-general
(which is where I want those mails).

Fun stuff.

 MATCHSTRING='(announce|general)'

 :0:
 * $ ^TO_\/$MATCHSTRING(_at_)lists\(_dot_)example\(_dot_)com
 * MATCH ?? ()\/[^(_at_)]+
 * $ MATCHSTRING ?? ()\/$\MATCH
 lists-$MATCH

Very good.  Thankyou to all who responded.  I think that this
solution is the closest to my current setup and easiest to
implement.  And if someone like Ruud thinks nice solution, that is
good enough for me.  Can't believe you guys find this "fun stuff",
and someone like me racks my brain for solution.  Just wait til you
have a structural engineering problem and come to me for a solution
- then we'll see "fun stuff"!

I have deliberately responded to the list with a capital P for
Procmail in the address of this mail to test it :-), and apologise
if it causes anyone problems.  But hey, if it does we now know the
solution ;-)

--
T R O Y  P I G G I N S - Structural Engineer
e : troy(_at_)piggo(_dot_)com