Re: Size of the message

2005-04-18 11:26:18
Udi Mottelo wrote:

    Does procmail count the size of the message every time
    that I use "<" or ">"?  or it saves the number somewhere?

I'm pretty sure it counts again.

    I have more then 5 recipes that start with:

* < 5000000

    Now, I wander if it's silly to do so.  Any idea?

Probably is. But I would use a different approach from Dallman's suggestion, simply because 5000000 won't always be the number you're comparing to.

Start with

:0 # HB is default for size conditions
* 1^1 > 1
{ SIZE = $= }

Then * < 5000000 becomes

* $ -$SIZE^0
* 5000000^0

with no rescan needed, and the possibility open to use thresholds other than 5000000 bytes.