Re: block/auto-unsubscribe stupid email disclaimers?

2005-04-24 22:21:04
At 20:38 2005-04-24 -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:
Anyone have a recipe for procmail to block stupid email disclaimers?

Better yet, a recipe for mailing list administrators to automatically
block and auto-unsubscribe anyone who tries to post a message with an
email disclaimer attached (in violation of list rules)...?

That would require knowledge of the mailing list software and how to intercept the messages with procmail beforehand. I've detailed a process here for filtering majordomo, by tweaking the aliases.

You could match for the messages and then extract an email address and use it to compose an approval message sent to the list processing address.