Re: Fwd: filtering & forwarding incoming email

2005-05-03 06:41:51
server. I added "user1(_at_)mydoamin(_dot_)com
user1(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)com" in virtusertable.map. Run
makemap command to create virtusertable.dir & pag.
Tested the filtering and did not work.

  I don't personally use it, but I think what you want is
domaintable, not virtusertable.  My understanding of virtusertable
is that it is meant for multiple domain names being hosted on the
same machine. Also, according to the sendmail docs, if you use
virtusertable, you also need to have the domain names used listed
in the local domains (Cw in config file), and DNS MX records
pointing to the box. I don't know how, or if, it would work
for domains not on the same box.

:0 cw
* ^(To|Cc|Bcc) user1(_at_)mydomian\(_dot_)com
       ! user1(_at_)yourdomain\(_dot_)com
}

  The mail header contains a : after the To/Cc/Bcc, as:
* ^(To|Cc|Bcc): user1(_at_)mydomain\(_dot_)com

  Also, unless you're planning on doing something else with the
incoming email after this rule completes, you don't want the 'c',
as it means "carbon copy". I also doubt that you want the 'w',
since it's primary use (to my knowledge) is when the recipe runs
a script or program as a result of the success of the recipe.

  Try this instead:

:0
* ^TOuser1(_at_)mydomian\(_dot_)com
! user1(_at_)yourdomain\(_dot_)com

  There may need to be an underscore after the word TO, I'm not
completely sure, as I've never used that before.

Brad/TLD