exclude rules for percentage of high-bit characters

2005-05-03 14:18:16

I would like to exclude email that is mostly unprintable characters.  I
don't want to dump a message with the occasional special character that
is part of someone's name, though, so I don't want to just exclude
entire character sets.  Also, the spam email that I am seeing now does not
appear to have any Content-Type: or other helpful lines in the headers.

So what I think I want to do is flag on any email where the subject line
is more than 50% high-order characters.  I have been looking through the
man pages and message archives for ways to do this, but I am not finding
anything useful.  I'm sure that someone has done this, I'm just not using
the right keyword in my search of the list archives.  Can someone point
me to how I would go about doing this?

| Christopher L. Barnard         O     When I was a boy I was told that |
| cbarnard(_at_)tsg(_dot_)cbot(_dot_)com         / \    anybody could become
president.  |
| (312) 347-4901               O---O   Now I'm beginning to believe it. |
| http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~cbarnard                --Clarence Darrow |
+----------PGP public key available via finger or PGP keyserver---------+