Re: exclude rules for percentage of high-bit characters

2005-05-06 10:16:08
On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 03:58:42PM -0500, Christopher L. Barnard wrote:

I would like to exclude email that is mostly unprintable characters.
I don't want to dump a message with the occasional special character
that is part of someone's name, though, so I don't want to just
exclude entire character sets.  Also, the spam email that I am seeing
now does not appear to have any Content-Type: or other helpful lines
in the headers.

So what I think I want to do is flag on any email where the subject
line is more than 50% high-order characters.  I have been looking
through the man pages and message archives for ways to do this, but I
am not finding anything useful.  I'm sure that someone has done this,
I'm just not using the right keyword in my search of the list
archives.  Can someone point me to how I would go about doing this?

How about
    http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/index.html#spam

(bottom of that section)

--
William Park <opengeometry(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)ca>, Toronto, Canada
Slackware Linux -- because it works.