how to identify a repeatly virus / spam sending sending ip and bounce

2005-07-05 12:13:02
hi u

in the last days some virus make dictonary attacks on my domains.

it is always the same

in intervals comming email, since we have now catch all anymore:) ,

most to anyname(_at_)its-h(_dot_)de>... User unknown

they are originating mostly for one  or too days  from the same ip.

of cause sometimes paralel from different hosts with different ip's

the ip's are not listet in virBL or SPAMHAUS DNS services and

are from networks all over the world

the idea is to count this atacks some how up to a certain threshold and then

bounce the messages from that ip for lets say 24 h

in the virBL FAQ they mentioned that viruses using there own SMTP engine and
valid email from the user off the infectet pc will
probaly come over his email acount with a different ip so he  will not
be blocked sending email to us.

and any virus send from his pc to a valid email adress will also be blocked

is there a way with procmail to

discover a repaetly spam sending ip

writing this in a kind of blacklist

and block the ip for lets say 24 h on the SMTP level with Sendmail with an
error 5.7.1

something like a local virBL DNS text database ???

since i am something like a beginner with *nix / procmail / sendmail and so on

any sugestion or help to do

something like this will be welcome

Matthias Haeker

mhaeker(_at_)its-h(_dot_)de