Re: Forward as normal message

2005-07-12 12:05:08
At 13:19 2005-07-12 -0400, G. Felter wrote:
   I have searched for and tried many Procmail recipes in order to
accomplish my goal.

Try a search for "bouncer.rc" in the list archives.  It's the core of a
message bouncer which directs a message to the sender, or a list admin (or,
in your case, easy enough to modify for some spam reporting addr).  It can
prefix the message with a block of text, and set the subject, etc.

  I don't need to change the body of the message or add any text.

Well, I suspect you want to include the HEADERS of the message as it was
received by yourself.  It won't be very useful as evidence otherwise.

   I have tried different recipes but it usually ends up in loops or
Procmail just stops functioning or delivering mail.

Suggest you hit my website and review the "sandbox" I present there, which
would allow you to test forwarding type recipied without buggering up your
mail system (or subjecting some other poor lout to your experiments).

if works.  Please help cure this insanity which has consumed many
hours of my time and lost e-mail messages from poor recipes.

Don't test recipes on your live email.  Use a sandbox.  Use saved email
messages.

FTR, I don't put much faith in forwarding messages to some government
entity expecting that they'll actually do anything about the
spammers.  Also, automating the process introduces problems, such as when
you have a false positive and report a legitimate business with a
legitimate opt-in list.