Re: problem with spamassassin and following rules

2005-08-01 08:43:47
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:55 pm, Ligesh wrote:
  This is the spamassassin rule.

---------
:0fw:
| spamassassin
------------

FWIW, my recipe for passing mail through spamassassin looks something like
this:

:0 fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamc

I cannot remember exactly where I got this from, but I recall that it was
specifically only looking at messages smaller than 256000 bytes; larger
mails may well cause problems with SA, apparently.

I also use spamc rather than spamassassin because it was recommended at
the time; whether this should make a difference I don't know, but I seem
to recall you yourself said somewhere that if you switched to spamc it
all worked; why not just do that?

Finally, I got the impression that a lock file was required; I'm seeing
others here saying it isn't?  Which is correct?

Cheers,
Pete.