Re: problem with spamassassin and following rules

2005-08-02 06:07:31
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 03:14 am, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
He doesn't have buggy software - the problem is US and our software.

That's right; silly of me to forget...

Additionally, a lockfile will throttle the
system load generated by SA - granted, it'll hold up ALL of your mail
(at least that which should be piped through SA), until the prior SA
process completes.

That sounds a good enough reason for me to keep the lockfile, at least for
now.  Holding up my mail a little isn't a big issue for me; it's only
*my* mail, and the volume isn't huge.

Thanks for clarifying the lockfile issue for me!  (And for your thoughts
on spamassassin too -- at the moment it's doing a pretty good job of
minimising the spam I see, so I'll stick with it, but based on what
you've said I may do a little research into alternatives...

Cheers,
Pete.