Re: Up to what point are message parts searched?

2005-08-09 20:43:04
At 13:46 2005-08-09 -0700, grok(_at_)resist(_dot_)ca wrote:
I mean 'come to a screeching halt' right here, because a
match has been made -- and so move on to the next rule or
action.

Well, unless you're using scoring and have it set up to scoring for
multiple occurrences (the n^x syntax, where x is nonzero), it should stop
processing the header regexp processing once the regexp has been
satisfied.  One must process the entire header when there's NO match,
however, and the whole message should be in a buffer already for procmail -
it isn't as if procmail is reading from stdin incrementally to handle the
message constructs (and it wouldn't re-read from the input stream just
because there are multiple conditions anyway) - it's read into memory, and
then procmail can manipulate it.

[snip]

You aughta think about moving your linkfest .sig to a website and just post
a single URL linking to that...