Re: deactivating of /var/mail/$USER ?

2005-11-07 15:31:41
* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle(_at_)freenet(_dot_)de> [11-07-05 13:39]:
I am runing fetchmail + procmail + courier-imap and sometimes
I have unknown errors and $USER messages are going into
/var/mail/$USER which is inaccessibel to $USER.

I like to see an option, to disable this feature (!!!) and
return an error instead so fetchmail leave the message on the
server.

Is this possibel ?

I have more then 17.000 $USER on the Server and it is no fun
to get the "secured" messages back into the $USER maildirs.

Probably not without much more information.

Note that I am not a guru, but I would accumulate several of the posts
that gave you 'unknown' errors and look for similarities.  Then I
would pipe them thru my procmail rules in a sandbox with 'VERBOSE=ON'.

other than that, you might give <USER> access to /var/mail/$USER.
That is normail, I believe.
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2