Re: Problem with procmail subscriber list?

2005-12-07 08:06:38
I've heard back from the system administrator of rwth-aachen - apparently,
the listserver experienced a swap space problem and in the process, some of
the mailman configurations were corrupted (I expect that the program
rewrites them periodically - say to update digest numbers, etc).  Mailman
"reconstructed" some data, and apparently did a poor job of it.

The administrator has restored the list configuration and s*bscriber
database from 30 November (i.e. prior to the failure), so things should be
back to how they were about a week ago.  He's indicated that he plans to
email the people who've s*bscribed in the interrim, since changes since the
30th will have been negated.