Re: matching Received (solved)

2006-01-10 09:15:25
Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Udi Mottelo schreef:
* ! ^Received: .*$Received: .*\[65\.17\.84\.226\].*$
IMO this is clearer:
   * ! ^Received: .*\

   The problem that I see with Udi's original idea is this:

   What guarantee is there that the second Received line is
the one that will contain the correct IP?  Whose to say
that the first line won't be the right match?  Or perhaps
a third one?

   With those thoughts in mind, I suppose that someone could
then test for a match in the first OR a match in the second OR
a match in the third, but that seems very silly to me.

   I think the best way to test for a non-match is per Google
Kreme's suggestion of testing for a match and then trapping
the E after it. I didn't originally like the idea of the
negated match, but at that time couldn't think of another
way to do it (I never use E so until it was suggested, it
was not even in my brain).

   But, as previously stated, I currently have this problem
at bay.  Everyone in this forum is always willing to offer
help and such, and I greatly appreciate it.

TLD/Mr Duck