Re: matching Received

2006-01-06 16:02:24
On Jan 6, 2006, at 12:25 PM, Mr Duck wrote:

   Dang you Scuba Steve!

        >8-)

   As you had mentioned in the previous post, I believe that you
are correct that making this more "foolproof" would require a
fairly nasty and dirty recipe/regexp that I am not personally
comfortable, confident, nor considering trying.

It's well-tested and VERY mature code.
The trick is to parse the Received: headers one at a time until you
find the one that indicates a "Foreign" IP, and capture that into the
MATCH variable, and then ... have one's way with it.

I've posted it to the list previously, maybe I should give it an URL
of it's own someday soon....

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/