How to use variables as the action line?

2006-02-15 00:55:48
Thanks everyone for the help.  I'm trying to step back a bit and just
write a simple recipe that pulls the action line from a variable, since
I think that was hinted at possibly helping me achieve my goal.  I'm
not sure whether to enclose the variable in braces, but it doesn't seem
to work whether I do or not.

ACTION='!disposable(_at_)michaelbluejay(_dot_)com'

:0
$ACTION

procmail: Assigning "ACTION=!disposable@ michaelbluejay.com"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=! disposable@ michaelbluejay.com"
procmail: Opening "! disposable@ michaelbluejay.com"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock

-------------------------
:0
{ $ACTION }

procmail: Assigning "ACTION=! disposable@ michaelbluejay.com"
procmail: Skipped "$ACTION }"
procmail: Missing closing brace

How can it be missing the closing brace when it's right there?  I'm
tempted to point a webcam at the closing brace so my computer can see
it.

I also tried putting a closing brace inside the variable definition but
I still got the "missing closing brace" error.