Re: redirect long messages (was recipe problem)

2006-02-18 06:53:05
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 05:00:55 -0600,
<procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE> wrote:

The likely problem is that "| echo" is exiting with "broken pipe"
and
procmail therefore treats the filter has having failed.  The "i"
flag
will ignore the error.

Thanks for the reply.  For reference, here is the original (defective)
recipe to detect "large emails," forward them to another account, and
deliver a version with the body replaced by a warning that a large mail is
pending download:

:0
* WL ?? ^^yes^^
* > 40000
{
      :0c
       ! private(_at_)mywebsite(_dot_)com
      :0 fwh
      :0 fwb
      | echo "oversize email"
      :0:
      $DEFAULT
}

I don't think the lack of "i" flag was the problem.  I have never had echo
fail consistently due to broken pipe.

I found the message *was* truncated normally when I removed the cloned
action at:
      :0c
       ! private(_at_)mywebsite(_dot_)com
Evidently this cloned action prevents the rest of the script from working
as one might expect.  Can anyone explain this?

I found that the following version of this recipe works as expected:
:0
* WL ?? ^^yes^^
* > 40000
{
     :0 c
     {
        :0 fwh
        :0 fwb
        | echo "oversize email, check private(_at_)mywebsite(_dot_)com"
        :0:
        $DEFAULT
     ! private(_at_)costa-rica-natural(_dot_)com