Re: redirect long messages (was recipe problem)

2006-02-18 07:07:51
On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 07:39:58AM -0600, Lloyd Standish wrote:

I don't think the lack of "i" flag was the problem.  I have never
had echo fail consistently due to broken pipe.

I haven't tested or looked much at your recipe, but it wouldn't
fail "consistently," because some messages would be small enough
not to trigger the failure.  Here, though, you're only testing
large messages.  So it makes sense that echo could fail consistently
in this case.

Dallman