Re: Can't get action | to work

2006-03-30 08:25:32
fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org schreef:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

That $DEFAULT means that you want a cur/, new/, tmp/ created here,
for maildir-type delivery. Procmail will create those subdirectories
if they don't exist yet.

I would change it to:

     MAILDIR = "$HOME/spamtest"   # no slash at end
     LOGFILE = "$MAILDIR/spamtest.log"
     DEFAULT = "$MAILDIR/"        # slash at end

Ruud, I tried this and procmail locked up.  After flailing around a
bit, I discovered that I did not have the SHELL set (I do have it set
in my "regular" .procmailrc).  I guess I deserve the TI award for
this! :)

Well, countless .procmailrc files don't start with

  SHELL = '/bin/sh'

(or something else that works). Many people even get away with it (like
when $SHELL already has a wrong value before procmail is started), until
they change something that causes that wrong shell to get involved.
Setting SHELL in /etc/procmailrc, would help.

--
Groet, Ruud