Re: recipe to add keywords to an imap message (more)

2006-03-30 09:20:18
Udi Mottelo schreef:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:
Udi Mottelo:
Ruud:
Udi:

 | formail -i "X-Keywords: \$KW"

That doesn't do what you think it does.

  Why? The pipe command? or all the message?

With the \, you fixate the $, so it is equivalent to:
    | formail -i 'X-Keywords: $KW'
(notice the single quotes)
But '$' is not in the default SHELLMETAS, so $KW is never expanded.
Without the '\' it should work, because you let procmail expand $KW.
    :0
    | formail -i "X-Keywords: $KW"
Maybe you meant "$\KW"?

  I wander too.  Just cut n paste from Nancy's recipe
  and I assumed like you - same typo, but, I was afraid
  that maybe I missed something.  So, thanks for the note.
  I guess she will take care because she read this mailinglist.

I will properly test my analysis later today.

--
Groet, Ruud