Re: basic procmail question

2006-04-27 21:13:41
Paul Matthews wrote:
Hi there,

Just wondering, i've read that procmail doesn't work with virtual users.

But I was wondering if using the /etc/procmailrc file would work if I was
running winbind and all my home directories were stored in /home/username.

Linuxconf calls procmail as such below to satisfy virtual domains.  That
way each virtual domain can have it's very own recipe file.  So,
whatever system you use, you probably just have to make sure  the
following environment variables are set accordingly via whatever
delivery agent your using.

-eric wood

/usr/bin/procmail -t -Y -m /etc/vmail/vprocmailrc.domain %s %s

# cat /etc/vmail/vprocmailrc.domain
USER=$1
DOMAIN=$2

LOGNAME=$USER
HOME=/vhome/$DOMAIN/home/$USER
ORGMAIL=/var/spool/vmail/$DOMAIN/$USER
MAILDIR=$HOME
DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL

# procmail returns a 0 value for *any* successful delivery:
# /dev/null, ! spamcatcher(_at_)domain(_dot_)com, $DEFAULT, etc.
# Upon receiving a 0 ret value, vdeliver will trigger a vacation
# message if enabled.  To have vdeliver bypass the vacation
# messsage upon procmail's exit, you should explictly set the
# EXITCODE="1" (quotes important) just before each delivery.
# Without bypassing the vacation message, spammers and
# other trapped email senders will receive back your vacation
# message unneccessarily.
INCLUDERC=/etc/vmail/procmailrc.$DOMAIN