Re: Spam Bouncer

2006-04-28 07:22:20
Paul Matthews wrote:

Has anyone ever used Spam Bouncer?
Does anyone know of a good how-to for Spam Bouncer?
If spam bouncer isn't any good does anyone know of a good anti spam program?

I've never heard of spam bouncer before, so I can't comment on it based
on experience....

I use spamassassin.... here's a cutting from my procmail recipes...

#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# Spamassassin
:0 fw
|/usr/bin/spamassassin
# If it looks like spam, put it a separate folder
# then tell the sender I don't exist. :-)
# Actually, this is a bad idea.. the return-path etc is most likely spoofed,
# see "joe jobbing"
# just receive it silently
:0 h:
* $ ^X-Spam-Status:${SPC}Yes
${TRASH}

Of course you may opt to send it to a unique folder, or /dev/null

I don't really like /dev/null because there's no way to recover (or even
know of) false-positives.

Don