Re: Recipe to block unqualified domains? [OT]

2006-05-28 04:19:05
Hi there,

On Fri, 26 May 2006 Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

South-America?

All of it, I hope.

Australia/Korea/etc.?

As much as possible.

Japan?
China?
Japan?
Japan?
China?
Japan?

Oh, yes yes yes yes yes yes.

most of those are bad for me too, but some organizations really
have paying customers there...

That's right.  I can exert no pressure on those organizations to clean
up their acts, but their paying customers might have a chance of it.

It's like throwing all your sewage into your neighbour's garden.
All they'd have to do is route port 25 traffic through their own
mailservers instead of letting it out of their networks to pollute
the rest of the world.  Then they could easily stop (1-(1E-10)) of
the crap instead of letting the rest of us clean it up for them,
and as useful side-effects (1) stop wasting probably 60 percent of
the CPU cycles legitimately available on the Internet, (2) prevent
access to 99 percent of the CPU cycles _not_ legitimately available
on the Internet and (3) save an estimated USD 1E10 per annum from
the IT budgets of the world's businesses.

Probably someone will now pop up and talk about free speech or some
liberal tripe like that.  Don't waste your time, I've spent far too
much and too long dealing with criminal activity facilitated by often
incompetent, usually unscrupulous and occasionally conspiring ISPs to
be persuaded that there's any merit in that kind of argument.

73,
Ged.