Re: Recipe to block unqualified domains?

2006-06-06 06:34:59
My server was falsed listed on just 1 RBL whereas the every other RBL did
list me.  I had a few people I could not send to until I removed my server.

So in my mind, there are two major problems with RBLs:

1. An RBL gets a new entry but does not bother to consult with it's peer RBL
lists before listing it.
2. A mail server should not reject email if 95% of the RBLs says there's not
a problem.  In other words, don't just go by 1 RBL says.

-eric wood

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ruud H.G. van Tol" <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl>
It is a special combination of checks.
See the article that the list came from:
http://www.wrightthisway.com/Articles/cat_postfix.html

I use these 3:
   reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
   reject_rbl_client cn.rbl.cluecentral.net
   reject_rbl_client kr.rbl.cluecentral.net

That and SA takes care or my spam.

I use a few more:

 cbl.abuseat.org           R
 sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org      R
 list.dsbl.org             R
 dynablock.njabl.org       R
 dnsbl.njabl.org           R
 korea.services.net        T
 dnsbl.sorbs.net           T
 l1.spews.dnsbl.sorbs.net  T
 bl.spamcop.net            T
 virbl.dnsbl.bit.nl        T

R=Reject, T=Tag.

The tagged ones I process further in procmail. The tagged's that aren't
tagged with spamcop, I report there.