Re: some Received headerfield analysis

2006-07-02 09:29:50
On 7/2/06, Google Kreme <gkreme(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
It's the redirect from /dev/null that makes no sense to me.

Ruud has embedded a sample Received line for parsing, in the rc file
itself.  So that particular rc file produces example output regardless
of the input.  The redirect from /dev/null is just to stop procmail
from waiting for something on standard input.

To see a more interesting example, grab my "nextrcvd.rc" file from the
follow-up message, delete from "received.rc" the entire line that
assigns to H_RECV, and then run
    procmail -m nextrcvd.rc < some_sample_message
which will dump the parses of every Received: field in the message header.