Re: Problem with procmailrc

2006-08-11 12:07:15
* MBGaskins(_at_)co(_dot_)berkeley(_dot_)sc(_dot_)us
<MBGaskins(_at_)co(_dot_)berkeley(_dot_)sc(_dot_)us> [08-11-06 14:40]:
I'm trying to get my mail to filter into various Maildir folders on my
system based on message content.  Postfix is configured to use Procmail
directly as the MDA.  I have it mostly working, but with the procmailrc
file below, EVERYTHING ends up in my Mailing List.Airdrome folder.  Any
idea why this would be the case?

#### Begin File ####
SHELL=/bin/sh
PMDIR=$HOME/procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
MAILDIR=$HOME/.maildir

:0
* ^Subject:.*[airdrome_builders]
.Mailing\ Lists.Airdrome/

:0
* ^Subject:.*[Barra-builders]
.Mailing\ Lists.Barracuda/

I'll take a stab at this, but you may get better and more informative
answers from someone more knowledgable.

you have defined MAILDIR but do not reference it.  You already had
'.Mailing Lists.Airdrome' when you wrote this rc.  Procmail is delivering you
mail to where you directed it, $HOME/.maildir.

try:

:0
$MAILDIR/.Mailing\ Lists.Airdrome/

:0