Re: Problem with procmailrc

2006-08-11 12:20:20
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 03:01:59PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* MBGaskins(_at_)co(_dot_)berkeley(_dot_)sc(_dot_)us
<MBGaskins(_at_)co(_dot_)berkeley(_dot_)sc(_dot_)us>
[08-11-06 14:40]:

EVERYTHING ends up in my Mailing List.Airdrome folder.  Any
idea why this would be the case?

#### Begin File ####
SHELL=/bin/sh
PMDIR=$HOME/procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
MAILDIR=$HOME/.maildir

:0
* ^Subject:.*[airdrome_builders]
.Mailing\ Lists.Airdrome/

I'll take a stab at this, but you may get better and more informative
answers from someone more knowledgable.

you have defined MAILDIR but do not reference it.  You already
had '.Mailing Lists.Airdrome' when you wrote this rc.  Procmail
is delivering you mail to where you directed it, $HOME/.maildir.

Well, no, that's not the reason, Patrick. :-)

Anyway, MAILDIR is procmail's chdir command.  When he set it,
he was changing directories.  That part is fine.

The reason everything is ending up in the first folder is that the
regex in the condition line is ill-formed.

means, if there is a Subject: header with any character
in it from the class that includes a, i, r, d, r, o, m, e, _,
b, u, l, or s, we have a match.

The OP needs to brush up on character classes and what the
brackets mean for regexes.  I suspect he wants, rather, this:

Dallman