"returning" mail to the calling MTA

2006-08-25 05:04:18
Hi,

Is there a known way to the mail processed by procmail
"returned" to procmail calling MTA? I think not, at least
I didn't find any article on the net on this, but I think
I ask just to ensure. I call got procmail teamed with
qmail, called via |preline ... in .qmail  - In my system
it looks like this (.qmail):

|preline procmail....
|preline procmail....
./Maildir/

I can have more |prelines, depending on user settings.
As for now, main role of procmail rules was to filter
mails out. So if no rule (in any file) dropped the mail
qmail reache the ./Maildir/ and deliver as expected.
Now I want some of the rules to modify mail headers
but I want this modification to be permanent. So if
i.e. 1st procmail ruleset tag this mail, the second
|preline called will see this tag. For this I need to
somehow return the mail back to the queue. So far
I didn't see any possibility to make this happen. Is
there any way I am not aware of (except for rewritting
all the rules into one procmailrc file and make the
procmail deliver the mail to the final destination).

Regards,
--
"Daddy, what "Formatting drive C:" means?"...

 Marcin                       http://wfmh.org.pl/carlos/