\< and \> don't quite make it

2006-09-07 13:40:33
Hi,

I am trying to use scoring to flag mail on a mailing list I belong to
which is of importance to me.  However, it does not quite work 100% of
the time.  The reason for this is that the "match character before or
after word" pair, \< and \>, exclude the character - from those which
may make up a word.  Now, ordinarily I would agree that a dash is not
normally found in a word (except when used as a hyphen), but in this
particular case a "word" is actually a pathname/filename combination.

Here's a simplified version of my recipe:

  :0
  * ^TO_cvs-ports(_at_)freebsd\(_dot_)org
  {
    :0 f
    * 1^1 ^Subject:.*\<ports/x11/xterm\>
    | formail -I "X-Status: F"

    :0:
    freebsd-cvs-ports
  }

The above works fine, except that as well as matching on ports/x11/xterm
it also matches on ports/x11/xterm-whatever which I do not want.  Is
there a way around this?

BTW the Subject line may contain one pathname/filename combination
or many.  Thus the ability to detect the end of a word by encountering
either whitespace or newline is what I am looking for.  (I have tried
negatively scoring the files I am not interested in, but that suffers
from the flaw that if a file I am interested in _and_ a file I am not
both appear in the same message the overall score is zero.)

Any and all suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,
       Nick.

PS  I am using procmail v3.22 on FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE.
--
"We're predicting third stage shutdown at 11 minutes 42 seconds."