Re: Best way of finding/formatting... sender & sender address?

2006-10-04 05:32:29
At 19:23 2006-10-03 +0100, Steve A wrote:

... and any such variation as the sender chooses.  I am finding it
difficult to construct a regex to match a sender string and an address
string (or part of).

FTR, From: isn't inherently the _sender_.  It's supposed to be the message
_author_.  For instance, messages delivered via this list are sent to you
by the LISTSERVE, not by their author.

Any suggestions?

See the sandbox recipe in my procmail pages.  There, you'll find some
common extractions I do, including "CLEANFROM".