Re: Need help matching IP address

2006-10-17 13:16:58
On 17 Oct 2006, at 07:19 , Matthias Häker wrote:
i use this recipe for some time now and with my
sendmail it is always the top most ( first) Received
line who contains the IP of the sender to my Mail Host
but if i forward the Email localy  it is not

Right  It's just occasionally important to point out these things.
That's why I 'anchor' the match against my mailserver, so that I know
that the IP gotten is the IP that my mail server grabbed.

WHICHRECVD = 'by [^     ]*(mail.)?covisp.net'

for example.

so there he was looking for the FIRST Received Line as well

Yep. But in 6 months he'll be back wondering why some mails don't get
matched correctly with the IP he wants.

--
I gotta straighten my face
this mellow thighed chick just put my spine out of place