Re: How to split a mail system ?

2006-10-23 12:52:42
On 10/12/06, Ezio Paglia <ezio(_at_)comune(_dot_)grosseto(_dot_)it> wrote:
Hi all,

do you know how to duplicate incoming mail for each user into the same
user of another mail machine ?

At present a message to <user.domain> is sent to the user's mailbox.
Now I'd like it to be forwarded to the same user of a new machine too, for
each user, for each message.

I think that the root procmail could be the best way, however I do not
know how. Do you ?

My aim is to let the old pop3 server alive, while my users learn something
about IMAP clients. After some weeks I need to stop the old public pop3
server and substitute it with the IMAP one.

Hi Ezio,

I believe you can add something like this to the /etc/procmailrc file
on the pop3 system:

:0cw # send a copy to the IMAP server
! -oi -f "<$2>" "$3(_at_)new(_dot_)imap(_dot_)server"

I'm going off memory here though, but it may be a pointer in the right
direction.

If the $2 and $3 don't map to what you want, you can define what is
passed to procmail in sendmail.cf.  I believe the default is something
like procmail -Y -m $h $f $u

$h is the sendmail macro for host, $f is evelope sender, $u is user.

--
-- Matt Dunford -- zenmatic(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com