To pipe the failure messages to a php script

2006-10-25 16:50:00
Hello,

I am a webmaster and when I am sending a newsletter, I am receiving too many
"Delivery Failure Notices" because some of my user have provided email which
are not working anymore. So, I d like to update my MySQL database and suspended
an account if I receive a failure message...

For that, i though to use a PHP Bounce Handler class. This class can parse
bounced messages and extract the address that is bouncing and determine the
severity of the bouncing problem. This allows to treat the bounced messages
properly, for instance suspending the delivery of further messages, or maybe
try again later.

I ve installed Procmail on the server and do not know how to start procmail
with exim 4.52...

And the ultimate question is : how to create a .procmailrc file in order to
pipe the failure messages to a php script...

Any help is welcomed, thanks in advance :-)

Best Regards
Luc Michalski