Re: (Fwd) postfix+procmail (+ courier-imap) -> master.cf --> owne

2006-11-03 11:48:56
Hi,

Am 3 Nov 2006 um 9:46 hat Google Kreme geschrieben:

On 03 Nov 2006, at 04:36 , mail(_at_)e-schuett(_dot_)de wrote:
mailbox_transport = procmail

What I use:
mailbox_command = /usr/local/bin/procmail -t -a "$EXTENSION"
same as I do (now), but the goal is to use "mailbox_transport".

Then the master.cf :
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=mail argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m USER=${user}
EXT=${extension} /etc/procmailrc

So every mail in your scenario has the owner "delivery", not the owner of the
mailbox-owner himself !
That´s wrong.

procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   -o flags=R user=delivery argv=/usr/local/bin/procmail -t -m USER=$
{delivery} EXTENSION=${extension} /usr/local/etc/procmailrc.common

NB: It's pipe -o, not pipe
you are right ! Thx.

BUT : all mails are owned by the "user=..." i.e. "mail" from the entry
of the master.cf (postfix).

Well, as I understood it the user=delivery means that the delivery
agent in postfix 'owns' the message, and the delivery agent 'does the
right thing'.
Hmm ... what do you mean? The option user=delivery (your example) or user=mail
(my example) means,
that this is the user who own´s the following piping (and the delivered mails).
The name "delivery" is a user-name, not any special name from postfix (I never
heart about this name in
the postifx-guidelines or docs).

I'm not sure why yours is set to 'mail'
It is an entry "user" in the "/etc/passwd". You could add your own user in this
file and use it in the
user=...-statement from postfix (and I use "mail")..

"..after processing aliases and .forward files" are the keywords !

Why?  Where does the .forward of alias come into play?
From Postfix ! If defined, Postfix use alias-tables to change recipient-names
(and more). I used this table to define
external users with their mailbox-names as internal(local)-users. So everyone
could use the external adress. If he is connecte to the
internal LAN, then postfix deliver this email directly & automaticaly to the
alias-user-id in the internal net (its easy to handle with adress-
books) not using external SMTP´s or whatever.